Student family and their trailer home on the USAC campus, 1940s
Housing Crisis (1946-1960s)
The college continued using the temporary military structures moved to campus during WWII for housing and classrooms. To help relieve the housing crisis for thousands of returning veterans and their families, the university purchased trailer homes, Quonset huts, and tropical bungalows, which remained in service until construction of Aggie Village during the 1960s. The Field House provided bunk beds for single men, while Lund Hall housed twice as many women students as originally designed. The last remaining Quonset hut on campus now houses Utah Public Radio.