History of Family Life Building : Beginning
For over 84 years the Family Life Building has served thousands of faculty and students. Currently it serves as the home for the Department of Human Development and Family Studies. However this magnificent structure had humble beginnings.
In the beginning, the Department of Family Life was called the Department of Domestic Art.
With the assistance of the Lund Act, Utah State was allowed to expand from an agricultural school to a college with cultural and vocational subjects. Originally all classes were held in the Old Main Building.
By the year 1895 the Department of Domestic Art was housed in Old Main.